Cowal Highland Games, Arran and the Kyles of Bute
6-night cruise, Friday August 24th 2012
This one-off cruise takes in the unique Cowal Highland Games in Dunoon, also known as the Cowal Gathering, which is the largest and best Highland Games in the world! Your vessel, The Glen Tarsan will berth in Holy Loch for the first two nights to allow you to sample the best of the Cowal Games; a ceilidh on the Friday night, a day watching all the competitions and fun on the Saturday, the March Past in the park and the Fireworks display finale. Then on the Sunday you are off to explore the amazing Sea Lochs and Islands of South Argyll.
• Arrive in Holy Loch at 3pm on the Friday for a champagne reception and enjoy your first dinner on board.
• Cowal Games Ceilidh at The Queens Hall in Dunoon. This is a traditional ceilidh dance with a live band with the audience encouraged to participate in all the usual ceilidh dances.
• A day at the Highland Games on the Saturday with a packed lunch available. Later you will see the famous Cowal March Past and after dinner on board, the Fireworks Finale
• On the Sunday, set off for the beautiful Kyles of Bute and anchor in remote Loch Riddon and take an evening stroll along its banks. Watch out for wildlife, help the crew drop lobster pots or try a spot of fishing
Listed below are some of the stopovers and anchorages which are on offer from the Monday - Thursday and will depend on the weather conditions.
• Sail to the Isle of Bute and explore the pretty coastal town of Rothesay Visit Rothesay Castle and the amazing Mount Stuart House and Gardens
• Explore the colourful village of East Loch Tarbert
• Take a morning coastal walk to Tighnabruaich
• Cruise Loch Fyne to Inveraray, explore the town and choose from several delightful walks
• Sail the coast of Arran, calling in at Lochranza and visiting the distillery there
• Visit Brodick Castle and Gardens and try locally produced cheeses, beers and aromatic
On the Thursday morning, arrive back at Holy at around 11am for disembarking
For travel information to Holy Loch, click here
For information on availability and booking, click here