Heritage and Wildlife of Mull and Glencoe Cruise
6-night cruise with availability for September and October 2013
Departing from Oban, this cruise explores the Sound of Mull, the magnificent sea lochs of Loch Sunart and Loch Linnhe leading to Loch Leven and Glencoe. The sheltered waters are often mirror calm and bright, with the reflections of the hills and mountain ranges providing breathtaking scenery. There is an amazing amount of rare marine and birdlife to be seen in these calm waters.
Typical Stopovers and Anchorages:
• Anchor in Duart Bay on Mull with an opportunity to go ashore to the imposing Duart Castle
• Visit the pretty town of Tobermory for history, shopping and woodland walks.
• Cruise Loch Sunart and the small islands of Oronsay and Canna where seals, porpoises, and many birds are frequently seen, and perhaps an otter if you are lucky.
• Stop over at the Island of Lismore, situated at the mouth of Loch Linnhe which has many historical features
• Enjoy a very picturesque anchorage at Shuna Island and Castle Stalker, with the opportunity to visit the nature reserve there.
• Cruise Loch Leven with fabulous views of Glencoe. Go ashore to soak in the brooding atmosphere and stunning scenery
• View the majesty of Glen Nevis as your vessel navigates the Corran Narrows. Go ashore at Inverscaddie Bay or remote Loch Eil, with a good chance of sighting wildlife
Click here for information on travel to Oban
Click here for our cruising calendar and availability