Health & Safety: Covid 19 Protocols
Health and Safety
Health and Safety protocols are subject to change without notice.
At the Majestic Line, the safety and well-being of our guests and crew is paramount. At all times we will adhere to the Scottish government’s guidance for the hospitality sector for Covid-19. However, in our guests interest we go may beyond it with additional measures depending on the prevalence of Covid-19 in the community as the season evolves.
All crew will be tested before starting a tour of duty with PCR (the gold standard) tests.
Prior to boarding we may:
- Ask all passengers to complete a pre-cruise health questionnaire
We will have all the following hygiene protocols in place throughout our 2021 season:-
- Meet Scottish government rules on social distancing facial coverings will be provided to be worn in conjunction with current guidance
- Hand washing is actively encouraged and there will be hand sanitiser stations on board
- Doors will be left open wherever possible to allow for good ventilation and eliminate the need to touch them
- All en-suites will be provided with anti-bacterial soap
- Anti-bacterial wipes will be available to wipe surfaces
- The Skipper will temperature check all crew and guests daily at breakfast time and keep a record – this will be destroyed 7 days after the end of the cruise
- Individual cruets will be available
- Wine will be poured by the crew
- Fruit/soft drinks/tea & coffee is available all day but must be requested from a crew member
- Chefs – food preparation as per Covid-19 guidance
- Allocated lifejackets for the duration of your cruise
We will only cruise if we can offer a safe environment for our guests to enjoy The Majestic Line experience.
Going Ashore - Tender
- Limit of 6 guests per trip, to maintain 1 m social distancing
- Guests will be allocated their own lifejacket for the duration of the cruise
- Guests will be reminded to follow relevant Scottish government guidance whilst ashore
- Guests will be asked to respect the local community
- Guests will be reminded to take masks ashore and wear them when appropriate.
- Hand sanitiser will be available on tender
We’re Good to Go Accreditation
The Majestic Line has been awarded the 'We're Good to Go' accreditation.
VisitScotland awards a 'We're Good to Go' certificate to all tourism businesses that have carried out a Covid-19 risk assessment to check that they have everything in place to reopen safely. This new UK wide industry standard and consumer mark provides confidence for our guests, as well as communities and tourism businesses alike.