The Majestic Line - Booking Terms & Conditions
The Majestic Line – Booking Terms & Conditions
The following are the Terms and Conditions of your booking a holiday/cruise with The Majestic Line (Scotland) Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “ML” or “we” or “us”), of 18 Highland Avenue, Sandbank, Dunoon, Argyll, PA23 8PB, United Kingdom, registered in Scotland under Limited Company SO411538. All holidays/cruises you book with us are organised and sold subject to these conditions. Please note that by booking a place on one of our scheduled cruises or by taking a whole-boat charter, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- ML gives notice that all arrangements made by us are on the condition that we shall not be liable for any death, injury or damage, loss, delay or irregularity which may be caused by persons or conditions out with our control. We cannot be held responsible for any mishap to yourself or your property, any losses or additional expense due to the consequences of flight cancellations, vehicle accidents, strikes, sickness, war, weather, Government or customs or police intervention or other such happenings amounting to Force Majeure. ML and its employees are covered by public liability insurance up to a maximum of £15,000,000 in any one event. By signing our booking form, you acknowledge that ML has taken all reasonable steps to safeguard its liability in this regard.
- A reservation is not confirmed until the signed Booking Form and a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total fee (or as otherwise agreed) has been received. Provisional bookings by phone, fax or e-mail will be held for a period of five days pending receipt of the completed Booking Form and deposit. Upon receipt by us of your deposit we shall send you a confirmation invoice for the balance and advise you of the date of payment of the same. Every person making a booking on behalf of a passenger or group of passengers warrants and confirms that he/she has the authority of that passenger and that each such passenger agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Payment in GBP only will be accepted by:-
- Visa or MasterCard credit/debit or Maestro debit card.
- Cheque drawn on a UK bank account (please allow 10 days from receipt to clearance).
- Bank Transfer/BACS (Sort 82-62-21. Account – 10104678. IBAN – GB87CLYD82622110104678. BIC – CLYDGB21221)
Please note there may be charges for BACS when paying from abroad
- Any cancellation must be notified to us in writing by the person who made the booking or an authorised representative. If you cancel your holiday:
- More than 84 days prior to the start of your holiday/cruise, you will only be charged your deposit.
- Between 84 and 42 days, you will be charged 50% of the holiday/cruise cost.
- Between 42 and 21 days, you will be charged 75% of the holiday/cruise cost.
- Less than 21 days before the start of your holiday/cruise or on or after the commencement of the cruise, you must pay the full holiday/cruise cost.
Note. We appreciate that wholly unforeseen events may result in cancellation. In view of the above and for your peace of mind we therefore strongly advise you to take out appropriate comprehensive Accident & Cancellation Insurance at the time of your booking.
- Amendments/Cancellation Administration Fee – The Majestic Line reserves the right to charge an administration fee of £60 in respect of any changes made to a booking after receipt of a signed Booking Form.
- Change of Date of Cruise – Although The Majestic Line will try to help you change your cruise date, we do not have any obligation to do so. If you wish to change your cruise date and the new cruise is of a lesser value you can continue with the change but the new cruise will be charged at the same price as the original cruise booking price.
- Only one offer/discount can be applied to a cruise booked with The Majestic Line. Returning guests taking advantage of a special offer will forfeit their 5% customer loyalty discount. Please contact our Sales Team for advice.
- In extreme circumstances The Majestic Line (Scotland) Ltd reserves the right to change the name/route of a cruise prior to departure and to also if numbers dictate amalgamate two cruises into one. By amalgamating two cruises into one we envisage that the cruise supplied will be a more enjoyable experience for the guests.
- Cancellation by ML: If owing to circumstances beyond our control, we cannot provide the cruise booked or a suitable alternative, we will refund all money paid to us, in full, and you will have no further claim against us. In this instance we are not liable for any personal expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking, such as travel tickets (flight, rail etc.), travel insurance etc.
- Your financial security is guaranteed. Cruise payments made to us will be paid into a ‘Client Account’ and will remain in this account until your cruise is complete. In the, unlikely, event that we are not able provide the cruise booked or provide a suitable alternative then all monies paid will be repaid in full.
- Persons completing the booking form are declaring that they, and all persons on whose behalf they are booking, are in good health and are sufficiently fit, mobile and agile to partake in a cruise of this kind. Any existing health conditions or concerns which may affect your or other people’s enjoyment of the cruise must be notified to us prior to departure/embarkation date. The skipper may refuse to carry any passenger or luggage on any cruise which may impact on the safety of the vessel or any property or any other persons on board. In such circumstances we shall refund to the passenger(s) any monies paid to us in respect of the cruise. The passenger(s) will not be entitled to any additional compensation, or payment whatsoever, unless the reason for refusal to board has been declared beforehand.
- No unaccompanied children under the age of sixteen (16) can be carried. No children under the age of twelve (12) will be carried unless part of a whole-boat charter and then they are the responsibility of their parents/guardians at all times. No animals will be carried unless with permission.
- On Glen Massan, Glen Tarsan, Glen Etive and Glen Shiel accommodation is provided in cabins configured as either twin or double. Two cabins are reserved on each cruise for single occupancy of a double cabin at no additional supplement. Glen Rosa provides accommodation in one double and two twin cabins, no cabins are available for single occupancy.
- It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept that in taking part in this sort of holiday/cruise there is an element of on-tour flexibility. The itineraries stated on our website and literature are indicative only and not a guarantee that a particular route will be followed or place reached. You must acknowledge that delays and alterations and their results, such as inconvenience and discomfort, are possible where unforeseen circumstances arise. ML, or the skipper, reserve the right to vary the cruise in any way we consider preferable due to adverse weather or any other conditions. Ultimate decisions regarding the safety of the vessel, its tender and those on board, rest with the skipper.
- In the unlikely event that you have a complaint please report it immediately to the Skipper. The Skipper will log the complaint and try to resolve the issue. If, however, the issue cannot be resolved during the cruise and the passenger wishes to pursue the complaint then it must be put in writing to the company within 28 days of disembarkation. Any claims, disputes, legal action or proceedings arising out of or connected with this booking contract will be governed by the Laws of Scotland.
- Any crew or third-party guides retained by the company are subject to change and/or cancellation without notice.