This October we are delighted to offer a one-off Autumn Spectacular 'Captain's Choice' cruise. Here are just five reasons to book this special cruise!
1. During the month of October Autumn colours are at their best as the trees change from green to golden, burnt orange and ruby red. The crisp, fresh air makes for invigorating Autumn walks, a major highlight for our guests at this time of year. Loch Linnhe and its surrounding Lochs and bays have plenty of walking opportunities.
2. Often a month of crisp clear days perfect for photography, while at night clear dark skies are perfect for those wishing to do a spot of stargazing. Loch Eil and Loch a' Choire are just two of the idyllic anchorages where you can experience the beauty of Scotland's 'dark skies'.. You may even be one of the lucky ones to witness the truly incredible Northern Lights!
3. Sunrises and sunsets in October can be breathtaking and with the days a little shorter you will not have an early wake up call to catch the sun rising against a mountain backdrop or have to stay late to see the moon reflected off a calm loch as the sun sets at your evening anchorage.
4. October can be a great month for wildlife spotting. The sound and sight of majestic rutting stags is never far away, while otters have been spotted playing by the waters edge. Grey seals pup at this time of year too.
5. The west coast of Scotland is an amazing larder for locally sourced seasonal produce. Argyll lamb, which is at its most succulent in October, features highly in our menus as does shellfish, venison, mussels and seasonal vegetables. Our chefs make the most of this Autumn bounty and prepare delicious meals from the very best in Scottish Produce - as highlighted by us being shortlisted in the 'Best Use of Scottish Produce' category in the Scotsman Food and Drink Awards.