One of the most intriguing and popular islands in the Inner Hebrides, Skye is a must see destination for many. Cruising with the Majestic Line round Skye onboard Glen Etive has to be one of the best ways to experience the island. Here are some of the benefits of seeing Skye from the water, aboard the Majestic Line's Glen Etive.
1. Dining in a different location evey evening - with the most spectacular views of any restaurant.
2. More opportunities to see wildlife.
3 View the Cuillins from different sides of Skye.
4. Visit Talisker Distillery from the water.
5. Arrive at Dunvegan Castle in the traditional manner, by water.
6. Kilt Rock - A sea cliff on the Trotternish peninsula that is said to resemble a kilt - this is best seen from the water.
7. Mealt Falls - a vertical waterfall dropping 60m into the Sound of Raasay.
8. The Shiant Isles a small group of Islands 12 miles due north of Skye and an important breeding ground for seabirds.
9. Arrive at the iconic Eilean Donan Castle, on the mainland, from the water.
10. Go ashore and enjoy walking surrounded by amazing scenery - Loch Coruisk, the Isle of Raasay.